The next Community Criminal Justice Board meeting will be Monday, October 15, 2018 in Memorial Hall Auditorium.
At 6pm, join the Valley Justice Coalition, the Northeast Neighborhood Association, and the congregations of Faith in Action for a walk to urge our local leaders to prioritize criminal justice reform. Then, join local decision makers in hearing from special guest speakers from the National Association of Counties as well as Neal Goodloe, justice planner for our neighbors in the Thomas Jefferson Planning District. Transportation will be provided back to Court Square after the meeting.
- 6pm Walk from corner of High and Market Streets (parking is available at Otterbein UMC and Community Mennonite Church)
- 7pm Meeting with the Community Criminal Justice Board at Memorial Hall to hear about how other communities are
changing their local justice system and to ask our local elected leaders to support the Faith in Action campaign:
- Eliminate the keep fee charged to inmates in jail
- Engage in a careful and open selection process to hire a Community Justice Planner
- Expand the use of restorative justice
Spanish translation will be available.
Click here for a printable handbill.