Local criminal justice system data has been hard to come by. Here are a few sources we can point you to. If you have particular interests, please contact us so we can share more detailed information. For an overview of national incarceration and reentry statistics, see the Council of State Governments Justice Center.
- Barrows, D. (2017). Central Shenandoah region incarceration rates. Harrisonburg, VA: Valley Justice Coalition.
- Bureau of Justice Statistics. (2012). Annual Survey of Jails: Jail-Level Data. (Newer editions may be available.)
- Goodloe, N. (2017). [No title: Charlottesville data archive]
- Harrisonburg-Rockingham-Page Reentry Council. (2014, June). [No title. Data on RHRJ Inmates collected from 2009-2014].
- Moseley Architects. (2014, December 20). Rockingham-Harrisonburg Regional Jail Community-Based Corrections Plan.
- State Compensation Board. (2017, November 1). Mental Illness in Jails Report 2017. (Other years)
- Vera Institute of Justice. (n.d.). Incarceration trends: Rockingham county, VA.
- Virginia State of the Judiciary Reports from 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016. The 2012 report includes more detailed local statistics not included in later editions.
- Williams, A. D. (2007, September 1). Community-Based Corrections Plan. Staunton, VA: Central Shenandoah Planning District Commission.